After a lot of refactoring, Frex now has a code base that I can understand the next day. I took the opportunity to install version control on my laptop to save me from any potential “oh f%*k” moments, or at least make them not as bad. I chose subversion for this, and as the repository is located in my dropbox folder, I’m not worried about having to back it up.
I created a list of features I wanted this thing to have, and along with some speed and user interface improvements, the big feature I added for this version was zoom. This is a screenshot of the app running on my phone, showing a zoomed-in portion of the Mandelbrot set: